Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Embroidered lady in purple…



I am going to log about an embroidery project which I have finished long ago. This image was on a ladies paper and took my attention at once. That was done with ribbons and DMC thread. At that time I had no experience on ribbon embroidery so I turned to Anchor thread which I had with me. This is the finished look after framed.
Apologies for blurred and bad lighted pictures.

This is a close shot of the lady. The skirt was done using chain stitch in three different shades of purple. And the sleeve and blouse is stitched using long and short stitch, not perfect of course. All the flowers are French knots. At that time I didn’t know how to do French knots. I experimented with what I knew about French knots and came up with a working version. It didn’t work perfectly all the times.


This is the flowered head. Hair is long and short stitch. I used single stitch for eye lashes with single strand of black thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment