Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Letter C in Brazilian dimensional embroidery progress



Flowers for C are finished. This is how it is looking. I still didn’t iron it… J A humming bird may find way to my C in coming days.


These are fuchsia I tried to replicate with dimensional embroidery.


These are morning glories.



These are the Iris


The hydrangeas


The Columbine flower, I’m awed by natural shape and petals this flower. This is the result of my struggle to create it. I used needle weaving and Cast on stitches. Stem stitch and a French knot are used for the rear part of the petals.


I have not seen these flowers in real life. Only sees them in Google images. I’m fascinated by them. I have MSc exams scheduled in January. Therefore not much embroidery going on. Climate is cool this time of the year for Sri Lanka. But this year it is extra cool. Most of the flowers are enjoying the climate. I’ll post flowers from my home garden soon.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I love Brazilian embroidery and I use the stitches a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a pleasure to know a fellow blogger who loves Brazilian embroidery.

      Delete