Monday, February 20, 2012

Sane quilt for a double bed using various square blocks


It was a long time since I last posted. I was busy at both office and educational life. Now again I had a sewing break of two full days J . It was tiring but satisfying. I brought a new bed cover for my bed. So I wanted to make a matching quilt for it. It has large salmon pink flowers with leaves. So I choose fabrics to match these colors and here are those.
 

Searched web for a easy but beautiful sane quilt design and found
this http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=561 and fell love with it. Big thanks for sharing this tutorial free freshlemonsquilts.
I changed measures to match my requirements. My blocks are 12” * 12”. Color and strip combinations also altered. First day was spent to cut fabrics. Second day to sew, sew and sew…. These are some of the blocks


Finished squares are being sewed together…

At last quilt top is finished… and weekend is almost over J


No comments:

Post a Comment