Sunday, December 15, 2013

Next step of my plant collection

One day my parents appeared at my door step as a surprise visit. I was thrilled to have them. They had another surprise for me; it was a bunch of plants from their home. That is how purple ground orchid, pink Hoya, red and orange Anthurium, pink rain lilies, An epiphytic cacti are in my little garden.

Purple ground orchid and it is flowering now

Pink Hoya - Hoya tends to take very long time to flower when propagated but it is very well growing.



Red and orange Anthurium - All of them are flowering now.




Pink rain lilies - It is flowering after heavy rains.


Epiphytic cacti



My younger sister and a friend of her were staying at my home for last three months to participate to a training program. The friend got to know my addiction to plants while living with us and volunteered to give some plants from her home garden. I am very happy to receive some rare native plants from her.  She was kind enough to give me Rock Tassel Fern, a kind of lily, White fragrant anthurium, A reddish begonia and a native fern I failed to identify correctly yet.

Rock Tassel Fern
 

lily and it is flowering after a month from planting




White fragrant anthurium


No comments:

Post a Comment